Well, this is it! My last Sunday with the youth! It’s bittersweet but needed to happen. My grace is up.
When I first took on the youth group, there were 3 kids. 4 when we did our first Simple Little Sunday. My vision and plan was to build a community and a safe place for the youth to grow and question things – as youth often do. And now, 2 years later we’re up to this. Crazy.
So without further ado…
- Alyssa won her dodgeball tournament.
- Christos received wisdom from the Lord about a flea market in New Haven. He went and realized he can get all sorts of great things.
- Max is in Chamber Choir! He passed the auditions!
- Grace went over Chloe’s house and got to watch Caleb do the Ernie dance.
- Gracie got to see her cousin who lives in Alaska.
- Chloe got an A+ on her math project and it bumped her up to an A.
- Julia had to do a group project at school. She got grouped with bad people but they actually got work done.
- Anna’s older brother is coming home a month early from New Zealand.
- Tim got a new apartment a mile from his work.
- Wendy got into all honors classes for next year.
- Darby got a 90% on her French quiz.
- Caleb went to Chili Fest and saw a bunch of people, including Bethany.
- Leila got to pick her schedule and she’s in AP History.
- Scott aced his social studies test.
- Michael found a dollar.
- Reed found a bulldozer with the keys still in it.
- Josh got new lacrosse gloves from chicago for a good price.
- Dave came home safe!!!! That’s my Simple Little Sunday.
Now, it’s Tim’s turn to build upon my investment. I’m excited to see where it goes!
Wow, so it’s been a while since I’ve written one of these, huh. I actually haven’t been doing SLS with the youth for the past few months for a lot of reasons, the biggest being that with the size we’ve grown to there just isn’t enough time to do everything.
SLS isn’t dead though, I’ve had adults (one of whom being my husband) tell me about how they’ve begun noticing the little things, and on a seemingly boring or even awful day, they begin to smile.
SLS is important, guys, even when I’m not posting about it.
This week we did a special version where we talked about the best thing that happened to us all year. Big or small. I’m not sure when the next one of these will be, so please enjoy our final Simple Little Sunday of 2015!
- Livia got to spend a lot of time with her family this year.
- Ben got a Volvo s40. She’s got heated leather seats, and she doesn’t have a name yet, but she’s definitely a girl.
- Caleb moved back to America!
- Tim got to be a part of his brother’s wedding.
- Julia started a YouTube channel and has 40 subscribers.
- Gracie got a notebook for Christmas with scriptures on the pages. She has a friend that she wanted to witness to and decided that these pages will be a great way to do that. She crosses out the part where it says where the scripture is found in the Bible so her friend just thinks they’re nice sayings. Eventually she’ll tell her that they’re from the Bible and use that as a conversation starter. We call it “Sneaky Jesus”
- Wendy went to Colorado in the summer for her brother’s wedding. She doesn’t get to see him very often.
- Leila’s art teacher wants to sell all of her art pieces at their museum. One of them sold for $80! 30% goes to the museum and 70% goes to her. Yeah, she’s that good.
- Christos became good friends with Ben.
- Max did a lot of singing this year.
- Grace went to Maine and went kayaking with Ben.
- Josh went to a ton of lacrosse games.
- I got married!
So there it is! What’s the best way God showed you He loved you this year?