Well, this is it! My last Sunday with the youth! It’s bittersweet but needed to happen. My grace is up.
When I first took on the youth group, there were 3 kids. 4 when we did our first Simple Little Sunday. My vision and plan was to build a community and a safe place for the youth to grow and question things – as youth often do. And now, 2 years later we’re up to this. Crazy.
So without further ado…
- Alyssa won her dodgeball tournament.
- Christos received wisdom from the Lord about a flea market in New Haven. He went and realized he can get all sorts of great things.
- Max is in Chamber Choir! He passed the auditions!
- Grace went over Chloe’s house and got to watch Caleb do the Ernie dance.
- Gracie got to see her cousin who lives in Alaska.
- Chloe got an A+ on her math project and it bumped her up to an A.
- Julia had to do a group project at school. She got grouped with bad people but they actually got work done.
- Anna’s older brother is coming home a month early from New Zealand.
- Tim got a new apartment a mile from his work.
- Wendy got into all honors classes for next year.
- Darby got a 90% on her French quiz.
- Caleb went to Chili Fest and saw a bunch of people, including Bethany.
- Leila got to pick her schedule and she’s in AP History.
- Scott aced his social studies test.
- Michael found a dollar.
- Reed found a bulldozer with the keys still in it.
- Josh got new lacrosse gloves from chicago for a good price.
- Dave came home safe!!!! That’s my Simple Little Sunday.
Now, it’s Tim’s turn to build upon my investment. I’m excited to see where it goes!