Wow, so it’s been a while since I’ve written one of these, huh. I actually haven’t been doing SLS with the youth for the past few months for a lot of reasons, the biggest being that with the size we’ve grown to there just isn’t enough time to do everything.
SLS isn’t dead though, I’ve had adults (one of whom being my husband) tell me about how they’ve begun noticing the little things, and on a seemingly boring or even awful day, they begin to smile.
SLS is important, guys, even when I’m not posting about it.
This week we did a special version where we talked about the best thing that happened to us all year. Big or small. I’m not sure when the next one of these will be, so please enjoy our final Simple Little Sunday of 2015!
- Livia got to spend a lot of time with her family this year.
- Ben got a Volvo s40. She’s got heated leather seats, and she doesn’t have a name yet, but she’s definitely a girl.
- Caleb moved back to America!
- Tim got to be a part of his brother’s wedding.
- Julia started a YouTube channel and has 40 subscribers.
- Gracie got a notebook for Christmas with scriptures on the pages. She has a friend that she wanted to witness to and decided that these pages will be a great way to do that. She crosses out the part where it says where the scripture is found in the Bible so her friend just thinks they’re nice sayings. Eventually she’ll tell her that they’re from the Bible and use that as a conversation starter. We call it “Sneaky Jesus”
- Wendy went to Colorado in the summer for her brother’s wedding. She doesn’t get to see him very often.
- Leila’s art teacher wants to sell all of her art pieces at their museum. One of them sold for $80! 30% goes to the museum and 70% goes to her. Yeah, she’s that good.
- Christos became good friends with Ben.
- Max did a lot of singing this year.
- Grace went to Maine and went kayaking with Ben.
- Josh went to a ton of lacrosse games.
- I got married!
So there it is! What’s the best way God showed you He loved you this year?