About a week ago I came across this blog about oil pulling and the benefits of it. Basically, you’re supposed to swish 1tsp of organic coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes. And there are a ton of benefits.
Look at this list:
So naturally I had to try it out. And lucky for you, I decided to journal my thoughts in the process! Please forgive all my “that’s what she said” moments…there are quite a few
Day 1 Thoughts
- My teeth have a yellow tint to them
- The texture and taste is enough to make you gag first thing in the morning
- This is kinda gross
- I wonder how much is my spit and how much is the oil
- Don’t swallow it! Don’t swallow it!
- This isn’t too bad
- What am I going to spit this out into?
- Has it been 20 minutes? I should’ve set a timer. Tomorrow I’ll set a timer
- Yes! I successfully spit it all into an empty water bottle…that’s gross
- I have bumps on the inside of my cheeks
Day 2 Thoughts
- Awake is the opposite of what I want to be right now
- Taste and texture weren’t that bad this morning, probably because I knew what to expect
- There’s definitely more spit than oil in my mouth right now
- I remembered to set a timer! go me!
- Oops, I spit some out. It’s too early
- Woo! Half way!
- Crap, I spit more out. It’s too early
- Yup. Definitely gagged after spitting it all out. Gross
Day 3 Thoughts
- Timer – Set
- This is still gross
- Hmm, less spit this time. Go me!
- I’ll curl my hair at the same time
- This is easier when you’re doing something
- Ah, there’s the spit
- Crap, I just spit so much out! All over the counter!
- Aaand done. Woo!
Day 4 Thoughts
- I skipped it…too little sleep
Day 5 Thoughts
- Today I attempted to couple it with my shower, much better! And the best part? When (not if) I spit any out by mistake it didn’t matter!
- This may be the route I take going forward
Day 6 Thoughts
- Last night I noticed a new zit on my face. What the heck? I thought this was supposed to HELP that
- Shower again, let’s do this!
- I’m getting better at not spitting it out…I think…it’s hard to tell in the shower
- The contents of this water bottle are gross, I’ll have to take a picture tomorrow at the end of my 7 day trial
Day 7 Thoughts
- I’ve got some time this morning, so let’s do this in bed and not the shower
- I was right, the shower is easier
- Yeah, this is definitely 90% spit and 10% oil
- Crap, I swallowed some
- I don’t think I’m going to make it to 20 minutes
- I wonder why I gagged that one day
- Yay! I made it!
- And cue gag…yup…it’s the smell from the bottle. Disgusting. That’ll be thrown out today.
Well, my skin isn’t any clearer, but my teeth are a little whiter, I don’t feel a change in my sinuses at all and last night I slept like CRAP. I think I’ll only do this when I’m taking a shower in the morning, I doubt I’ll make a habit of it.
Have you ever tried oil pulling? Are you doing it now? What’s your experience with it?